Southtowns Walleye Association of W.N.Y. Inc.
As part of the Southtowns Walleye Association's efforts to enhance our environment and wildlife appreciation, we will award up to $2,000 in college scholarships yearly.
To qualify for a scholarship you must be a high school senior enrolled in an accredited college, or attending an accredited college with your major in any one of these areas: marine science/biology, conservation, or conservation law enforcement and you must be a resident of Erie County.
Scholarships are awarded based upon need and the area of study. To be considered for one of these scholarships complete the form below and return with an essay telling of need, any projects you have engineered or participated in, your future goals and proof of enrollment (i.e., course enrollment, course schedule, report card, etc.) to the address below prior to April 15.
Click Here for a printable copy of our scholarship form
Southtowns Walleye Association of W.N.Y., Inc.
5895 Southwestern Boulevard
Hamburg, NY 14075
Criteria for Scholarship Program
- A person going into Marine Science/Biology, Conservation, Conservation Law Enforcement (DEC), or a related field.
- If none of the above are applied for, then no scholarship will be given for that year.
- A total of $2,000 will be awarded yearly by an independent committee.
- How scholarships will be awarded. Must be:
a) a Western New York resident
b) a person going into one of the above fields.
- Eligibility, must be:
a) a senior in high school*- or
b) an incoming student the following semester - or
c) already enrolled in a college or university.
- Applicant must submit a 250-500 word essay on how they plan to help their field once they have received their degree. Essays will be judged by an independent committee.
- This scholarship money will be available yearly.
* Note: Proof of college or university acceptance in an approved field must accompany the application of a senior in high school.